Saturday, August 28, 2010

Breathe in...



forgive my absence
the wake was unbearable
staring into the void
hanging on lapels

"The love of a father"

I want you back
I need you close
I walk on xanax
no hugs more dope

"by Orphan boy"

the shop is my soul
and the bull was let free
Complexity holds no
Compliments for me

"I will not cry"

I'm tired of running
I'm slowing this train down
I have forgotten all the details
of your hollowed ground

"I will not wait"

At this stop
while I run through time
I look for a reflection
no more pantomimes


"I will not lie"

Two gold right on my left
from a father and a son
who are now together
am I without one?

"I will not hate"

Not death despair
but a sons love
I will shake the heavens
for my father above

"I stand for you"

I bend but slowly age
Never sure of this ice
like the measure of
centigrade

"I work off the cold"

you change the scale
you change the grade
I live my life
a happy slave of the slaves

"I have not forgotten"

Now that the walls are painted black
my pain shines out from under
Know My love is strong
you'll hear it in the thunder

"The promises I hold"

Everyone holds in their voice
for fear they might cry
Who else is watching
Who knows my sigh


exhale...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Very moving this. I like the breathe in and exhale. And the stanzas. Its a nice honor of words.