Thursday, June 21, 2007

God's Funeral






We carry the bodies
Stack them to the sky
I hope we get higher
I’m higher than high

Making a mountain
Collecting the bones
I’m loosing all feeling
Slaves work in droves

Draining the wine
Life’s intoxicating river
We are trying to get higher
From the blood from the sinners

In the name of man
We trample the poor
Pushed to the margins
Material whores

We publish the truth
And ignore all the lies
We are getting higher
Higher than High

Scoff at the intellect
Piss on your reason
Why are you thinking?
True acts of treason

I vomit crude in the forest
As I chop down the trees
I need a bonfire
To burn our disease

The sores are sickening
Only seen without wealth
I don’t see any body
I only need myself

Come to the valley
Climb up the mountain
No more bodies to bury
No more blood in the fountains

Carry my rifle
Bring the holy text
Only I can interpret
This political sex

Don’t worry its all normal
Don’t you be shy
It will all be history
His story not mine

The tree is uprooted
Buried upside down
This mountain of martyrs
With me as its crown

King of the earth
I will march into heaven
I buried my friends
To make my bread leaven

I stepped on the face
On the hearts
and the hands
Of the mothers
fathers and children
That once walked this land

I’m going to God
To glory and love
Don’t worry how I got there
Because I’m the only one

As I ascend to heaven
I questioned my way
But no one stays on track
Without others losing the way

I’m here at the gates
Looking onto the throne
But there are no angels
Ghosts, Jinn’s or stones

I cried for God
Sure he would appear
I cried again
Maybe she didn’t hear

In the fog of the clouds
And the mist of the sky
I thought it was raining
No just tears in my eyes

I looked down on the mountain
And what did I see
The face of God looking up at me

I killed the lamb and slaughtered
My sons, ending the lives of the ones that I loved

I killed God,
and all his prophets
I killed my neighbors
to gain new stock tips

I killed the others,
Whose looks I despised
I kill many mothers
With wandering eyes

I died a thousand times
And a thousand over
But with no God in heaven
And no angels on my shoulders

I was alone with my gold
And my lies and my book
Alone with my hands and the bloody brook

I was alone with my truth
And alone with my deeds
My murdered family
And my uprooted tree

2 comments:

Pamela Wisniewski said...

This poem needs illustration, I think. Very strong imagery.

Muhammed Saboor said...

I'm ready for you, I'll bring some paper and pencils just let me know when your ready! :D