Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Black Man

Black man
We should not sleep any longer
Time has passed but the movement hasn’t
Why do we pacify ourselves?
Why do we sedate our fears in smoke?
And liquor?
Are we pavement?
Stepping stones?
Do you really believe in these things?
Cars? Gold?
Do you think you Midas touch will take you to heavan?
Or make heavan of earth?
I was lost in my days
And my nights
Pushed into madness
Pain and emptiness
Tired of my false smiles and hollow laughs
Broken
Without culture
And little faith
No drug took me away long enough
No love pushed my heart
I have seen jealousy and hate
From men and women
Stabbed in the back and the chest
But I stand tall as a Muslim
As a Black man
Nothing can hold me down
I refuse to let ignorance blind me any longer
Will you?
Black man
Don’t ignore your pulse as it races
Feeling life again
So long you have denied your self freedom
And justice
That God gave you!
God! Not Man!
Move within his path
And not your desires
Because desires will leave you empty
As a corpse
Without a soul
Organize your life
And refuse to taste iron
Because of your transgressions
Don’t let the blood and bone of your people!
Vanish to fertilize the plants
Of those who don’t know or care about your interests

Sometimes we need a wake up call; this is not only for the black man it is for all men; all men who have felt economic and political depression. It is for any family whos lost someone for a cause that you didn't believe in. We're made to look to the dollar to satisfy our needs, yet we will find none. Stop laying down and do something, I’m not talking about guns or hurting anyone. I’m talking about teaching someone something, volunteering some time at a homeless shelter. You can vote, and know who and what you’re voting about. Kiss your children and tell them how much you love them, then take them to the park. Do something you only live once.

How much is you life worth?

2 comments:

Pamela Wisniewski said...

$2.71 - but with inflation, I might be up to about $3.26. I need to check my blogshares.

Muhammed Saboor said...

Your just gonna wave it in my face aren't you! I think I'm gonna cry... I might just stop bloggin all togehter, I think I need a hug.