Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Man

I am a man
Not by all meanings of the word
Hoping to find comfort in the warmth of my reality
But I find none
So many satires play out my life
Some aspects have been highlighted and erased
So where do we go from here
I desire more than anyone can fulfill
Not physically but love
Where have all the romantics gone
Cast aside
A man who knows not what he does
Seems to be lost, maybe he’s trapped in emotion
Theses times are shallow
I want to fill the world with life
I have no medicine
Yet I have love
Is that not the cure?
Tapered and trimmed by a social machine
I tear and shed their shade
Replace the trimmings
Because I’m looking for the original
Inside me this shell of man is I
I beg for purity
Not in color
But in sincerity
Is that so hard?
I am a man
Not by my social or financial withholding
But because of my depth of perception and emotion

No comments: